An innovative solution partner for your future
High Barrier Materials for Eco-friendly Packaging
Nexrier is an eco-friendly gas-blocking compostable barrier material that is made from protein-derived by-products such as milk and cheese.
Nexrier is the only natural protein-based barrier coating material in Korea and is a key material that can respond to the mandatory recycling policy.
Moreover, one of the hottest topics in the recycling field is to increase the use of ‘Mono-Material' to improve the low recycling rate of existing composite packaging materials with 3-5 different materials. Nexrier® can be applied to a mono-material made of PE or PP or paper packaging. In this way, Nexrier® has the advantage of being able to have the same barrier function of packaging materials but only with half of the layer, volume, amount of materials, and manufacturing cost. It has obtained the Green Technology Certification and New Technology Certification. In recognition of its technology, it provides solutions to customer ESG management and eco-friendly paradigm change.
- High-barrier Applicable in all kinds of substrates: PP, PE, PET, NY, Paper, compostable Film
- New Technology Certification
- Creating value by using natural materials by-products
- Green Technology Certification
- Helps circular economy
- Increases recyclability Treated as mono-material PP, PE Nexrier < 5%
- Reducing EPR
- Reducing carbon footprint due to its source reduction
- Creating value using natural by-products
- Source reduction/ reducing carbon footprint
- Improves recyclability
Series and Application
Series Content Application GS - Series Natural-based oxygen-blocking coatings Packaging materials for food, household goods, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals GF - Series GS applied high-barrier film GP - Series GS applied barrier paper
Technical Data Sheet
- Nexrier Series are high-barrier packaging films and paper through a roll-to-roll process on various substrates such as PE, PP, PET, NY, and Paper.
Item GF-Series GP-Series Method GF-PE GF-PP GF-PET GF-Ny Film Thickness(μm) 30 - 200 18 - 60 12 25 60-100 ISO4593 Transmittance(%) 91 - 92 91 - 92 89 - 90 90 – 91 - ASTMD1003 Haze (%) 3 - 4 6 - 7 2 - 3 5 - 6 - ASTMD1003 OTR (cc/m2 · day) < 1 < 1 < 1 < 1 < 10 ASTMD1003